ELECTRIC UNDER TILE HEATING INSTALLATIONS IN BATH AND BRISTOL
We are fully trained to install and advise you how to get the best from your electric under tile heating.
Electric Under Tile Heating warms even the coldest marble or porcelain tiled floor. It can be the finishing touch to your tiled room that adds a touch of comfort and luxury that belies its relatively small additional cost. However the following information needs to be considered before deciding on installation:
1. The installation must be installed and connected by competent fitters to benefit from the full guarantee offered by the manufacturer.
2. Before buying – get advice on the recommended length of cabling, whether to use loose cable or pre-made matting, and power rating for the cable (measured in watts per square meter).
3. The installation must be protected by a fused spur and a RCD switch.
4. The cable “radiates” heat – that means the floor below is heated as well as the tile above! To reduce heating of sub floor – the cable benefits from an insulation layer – often recommended as 10mm insulation board. This adds to the installation cost and the height of the finished floor but reduces the electric running costs by approximately 1/3.
5. Before tiling the cable is best protected by a layer of self levelling compound – budget approximately 10kg of self levelling compound per square meter of floor.
6. The installation requires careful “running in” before being fully used to ensure the tile adhesive and grout are not damaged by sudden heat before they are fully cured.